2022 OFFICIAL Fall Brawl Rules
~ Kayak Division ~
IN ADDITION TO THE 2022 FALL BRAWL TOURNAMENT RULES (posted below):
- Must follow all Lake Erie Walleye Fall Brawl rules (below on this page).
- Paddle, pedal, and motorized kayaks permitted.
- Vessel must be properly registered.
- Navigation lights must be used at night.
- Safety visibility flag must be flown at all times.
- Fish must be caught from a kayak with accompanying picture of fish in kayak.
- Winner required to take a polygraph.
We strongly recommend the proper cold weather & cold water safety gear be used. Big Water Walleye Championships LLC and Lake Erie Fall Brawl are not liable.
2022 OFFICIAL Fall Brawl Tournament Rules
- FISH WILL BE WEIGHED AND THEN MEASURED TO THE NEAREST 1/8TH INCH.
- WINNING FISH WILL BE BY WEIGHT WITH LENGTH USED AS TIEBREAKER
- DEADLINE FOR WEIGH-INS IS: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27th, @ 12PM
- ONLY (1) FISH ALLOWED PER PARTICIPANT TO BE REGISTERED AT ANY ONE TIME. ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT BY REGISTERED PARTICIPANT.
- THIS FISH IS NOW CONSIDERED ENTERED INTO THE DERBY AND CANNOT BE WEIGHED AT A DIFFERENT FALL BRAWL WEIGH STATION. ANY ADDITIONAL ATTEMPT TO WEIGH OR A FISH THAT IS WEIGHED TWICE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IMMEDIATELY AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY FALL BRAWL OFFICIAL RANKING.
- A PARTICIPANT WEIGHING IN A FISH, OWNS AND IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT FISH.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A VALID OHIO FISHING LICENSE IF REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF OHIO. FISH MUST BE LEGALLY CAUGHT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL OHIO FISHING LAWS.
- ALL REGISTRATION FORMS MUST BE LEGIBLE, COMPLETED, SIGNED & DATED BY CONTESTANT TO BE CONSIDERED VALID.
- EVENT HELD IN OHIO, MICHIGAN, AND PENNSYLVANIA WATERS OF LAKE ERIE (NO CANADIAN WATERS)
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY REGISTRATION.
- IF FISHING FROM A BOAT, ONLY REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS MAY BE ON BOARD. BOATS MUST BE LEGALLY REGISTERED, LEGALLY EQUIPPED WITH ALL REQUIRED EQUIPMENT AND SAFETY DEVICES, AND MUST BE LEGALLY OPERATED.
- WEEKLY WINNERS AND DERBY PLACE WINNERS (ALONG WITH ALL PARTIES ON BOARD OF VESSEL AT THE TIME THE FISH WAS CAUGHT) WILL BE SUBJECT TO POLYGRAPH AND VSA LIE DETECTOR TESTING.
- A CONTESTANT CAN BE DISQUALIFIED FOR RULES VIOLATIONS, STATE GAME LAW VIOLATIONS, AND MAJOR BOATING LAW VIOLATIONS OCCURRING WITHIN THE FALL BRAWL DERBY DATES.
- A CONTESTANT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND REMOVED FROM FINAL RESULTS AFTER (2) INDEPENDENT FAILED POLYGRAPH / VSA TESTS, BOTH OF WHICH WILL BE PROVIDED AT NO COST TO THE CONTESTANT.
- ANY CONTESTANT DISQUALIFIED DUE TO THE RESULT OF POLYGRAPH AND VSA TESTING WILL BE GIVEN THEIR WRITTEN RESULTS AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE.
- TESTING WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE CLOSE OF THE DERBY AND RESULTS WILL BE FINALIZED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 12TH.
- CONTESTANTS MUST ARRIVE AT THEIR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT(S) OR THEY ARE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION.
POLYGRAPH / VSA EXPLAINED
It is Big Water Walleye Championship’s objective to run an affordable, honest and enjoyable fishing derby. With that comes the obligation to check place winners for honesty and integrity prior to claiming their respective prize. You will not be harassed, belittled, tortured, or asked embarrassing questions that do not pertain to the FALL BRAWL DERBY or State Fishing and Boating Laws or regulations. You, as the contestant, will be given every opportunity to pass the Polygraph / VSA test and claim your prize. If in fact you are disqualified and removed from the FALL BRAWL Official results list you (or someone on your boat) will have recorded deception in (2) independent Polygraph / VSA tests. You will be given a written copy of your results as soon as practicable after results are finalized by the examiner.
2022 Lake Erie Fall Brawl KAYAK Registration is CLOSED
Attn: HUNTERS ~ Check YES to Register for the Elk Hunt Drawing for Two
WIN a two person, lodge-based Elk Hunt in Southern Colorado courtesy of High Mountain Hunts, LLC and fully outfitted with Mossy Oak.
Colorado is one of the most mountainous states in the United States which makes for incredible elk hunting. There are more than 50 peaks that are over 14,000 feet or higher above sea level. Those peaks are covered in forests that provide a sanctuary for elk, deer, and other wildlife. Colorado produces more elk than any other state. Check YES in the entry form above!